About Our Church
Thanks for knocking on our “door”. Basically, we are a very warm and friendly community of Christ followers who believe in loving and caring for each other and our community, living on-mission as we follow Jesus. We gather on Sundays to worship in song, community, encouragement, open our lives to the Word, pray, and celebrate together. Children and youth are a high value of ours, hosting opportunities for the younger generations to know and grow in the Lord. We have various gatherings throughout the week as you’ll see from our events page and calendar, valuing smaller circles and table settings. If you would like more detailed information, read on 😉
We are a Foursquare Church, meaning we are a part of a global community of thousands of church communities who acknowledge that Jesus Christ is “the same yesterday, today, and forever” Hebrews 13:8
We believe that Jesus is the Savior, Healer, Baptizer, and Soon Coming King. These theological realities shape our hope in and worship of Jesus.
If you would like more detailed information on our values, beliefs, doctrines and history, follow this link
At a local level, we have a fun history and story. Here is a snap-shot:
- 1977 Home ministry begins in from East Hill Foursquare Church at the Brinkley’s home on Coleman Road
- 1978 Ken and Bobbi Wold become staff pastors at East Hill in charge of Neighborhood Ministry Centers
- 1980 The call to begin a foursquare church in Sandy happens. The pioneer church begins meeting in various places around Sandy including the Oddfellow’s Hall.
- May 13 1981, Mother’s Day – The first official meeting of Living Way Fellowship happens in their own rented facility on the corner of Strauss and Hood Streets. Additionally to accommodate the needs, the church rented the grade school gym and the house next door – the Jesus Center.
- August 1982 On August 22 LWF is granted their church charter
- September 1982 Lowell and April Weare come on staff as youth pastors
- 1981-1992 Ken and Bobbi Wold pastor LWF for eleven years
- 1992 In August, the Weare’s become the senior pastors of Living Way Fellowship
- 1992 LWF purchases the property on Dubarko Road. The church meets at the Sandy Senior Center for five months during the remodel
- 1994 In November the City of Sandy begins a 2040 plan looking at the community development. This plan indicates that LWF is located in an extremely strategic place in the overall growth of the city.
- 1998 LWF begins step one of the Master Plan and remodels the existing kitchen
- 2002 On September 8 LWF held a dedication service of the completed step two of the Master Plan, expanding the sanctuary and adding a Youth Center.
- 2012 LWF is in the center of a growing housing area. LWF has added a preschool and kindergarten.
- 2014 Lowell Weare transitions out after 22 years as Senior Pastor
- 2015 Paul Stone is installed as Senior Pastor
- 2021 Sam Albrecht installed as Senior Pastor